Listen or Subscribe
Well, Chopped Conference happened last week and I’m so excited to share with you my Top 10 Takeaways from ChoppedCon16. I left inspired and I want to share that vibe with you!
Today I’m talking my Top 10 Takeaways from ChoppedCon16. Honestly? I could share with you SO much more than 10, but it’s a nice number so I thought I would go with that.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips on the Top 10 Takeaways from ChoppedCon16 is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – Top 10 Takeaways from ChoppedCon16
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- Jessica Merchant spoke about the importance of being personable on our blogs
- Our morning panel talked about getting involved on Social Media Live – via SnapChat, IG Stories, and Facebook Live
- Amber Bracegirdle encouraged us to show some love to old content. Either reshoot and share the new photos or just share the old content on social media
- Lenny encouraged us to get on the video bandwagon!
- Marly reminds you if you’re going to add video, don’t do it from a “should” perspective. Do it from a happy/learning perspective
- The afternoon brand panel reminded us that you don’t have to have huge traffic to be of interest to brands. They’re looking for blogs that have an engaged audience
- Be the boss! That’s what Emma of a Beautiful Mess encouraged us to do. Don’t just reserve all your energy for the creative side of blogging…save some for the business side as well
- Ali Ebright reminded us that we all are beautiful…in our own way. There isn’t just one way of beautiful. Stop shape-shifting yourself into society’s “ideal” of beauty and embrace your own! (love this!!)
- Cara Ansis reminded us that you can’t live in an IF THIS THEN THAT mentality. If I can get 100K followers on Instagram, THEN I will be happy. That just leads to the opposite. Instead, choose to be happy in the current moment.
- Find the Magic. ChoppedCon16 was based on the theme of magic. Not like top hat magic, but Big Magic. Like the kind of Elizabeth Gilbert’s book. Find ways to add a little magic to your day.
- Get out! I’ve found more happiness by getting out of the office from time-to-time. It’s easy to hang out behind my computer but it can be a drag when I’ve done it too many days in a row. Being at ChoppedCon16 reminded me how alive I feel when I’m around like-minded individuals. I need to do that more!
This episode on my Top 10 Takeaways from ChoppedCon16 includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Related Episode: Ali Ebright share about avoiding the dangers of comparison as a food blogger
- Related Episode: Jessica Merchant talks about Maintaining Your Passion as a Blogger
- Related Episode: Lenny and Denise talk about adding Video to Your Food Blog
- Related Episode: Jennifer and Trevor Debth talk about Growing Your Blog Village
- Related Episode: Emma Chapman talks about Building a Multi-Topic Blog
- Related Episode: Amber Bracegirdle talks about SEO Hacks for Food Bloggers
- Also, Ali Ebright of Gimme Some showed us all this Dove Video Clip
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!