Listen or Subscribe
If you’re inspired to work with brands, there’s a lot to know before you get started, including the Art of the Pitch. Lauren Grier is here with me today to talk about that very topic to help you understand what’s involved in pitching your blog to brands. Trying to turn your passion into a career? Check out Christine Pittman talking about Blog Post Production Processes, and Gaby Dalkin talking about the Art of Recipe Development.
Today I’m talking with Lauren Grier of the site Climbing Grier Mountain. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Lauren because she’s one of the co-hosts for Chopped Conference this year. She’s also part of the panel that will be talking about Working with Brands.
If you’re wanting to monetize your blog, working with brands is a great way to do that. However, there are a lot of techniques to doing it right. Lauren talks today about her favorite strategies for putting together the pitch.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on the art of the pitch is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Here’s a few quotes from Lauren about the art of the pitch:Failure can be your best friend. The more you fail, the more you grow. — Lauren Grier #choppedcon Click To Tweet I love filling that entrepreneurial cap! — Lauren Grier #choppedcon Click To Tweet Pitching is an art form. — Lauren Grier #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Featured Content – The Art of the Pitch
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Lauren, where we discuss:
- How Lauren started her blog
- How Lauren learned about food photography
- We talk about the passion of food blogging
- Lauren and I discuss how having a day job can take the pressure off your entrepreneurial efforts
- Lauren talks about her passion for learning to cook and to share those recipes with others
- Emma shares about the organic growth of A Beautiful Mess and how the topics expanded based on their interests
- We go over Lauren’s four-step process for preparing for the pitch
- We discuss the process for following up after a pitch
This episode on the art of the pitch includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Lauren Grier with the site Climbing Grier Mountain
- Give Emma a big shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Related Episode: Check out this episode featuring Carrian Cheney The Secret of Working with Brands
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!
This post may include affiliate links, based on our recommendations for our favorite products.