Listen or Subscribe
If you’ve ever aspired to be a professional food blogger hearing how others made that happen can be so helpful. What’s more, hearing how people have forged different pathways to the same destination can be inspirational. I mean, it’s easy to imagine there’s only one way to build your career as a food blogger. That’s why I recently talked with Karly Campbell of the blog, Buns in My Oven, so she could talk about Creating Your Dream Food Blog Career. Because that’s what she did! Listen on.
Have you ever dreamed about making food blogging your career? Maybe you’re not in love with your current job or just feel overwhelmed with passion at the idea of being a professional food blogger. Well, today’s guest, Karly Campbell has done just that and she is such a source of inspiration to us all as a result.
Sometimes I want to pinch myself. Do I really earn a living taking photographs and sharing my stories and recipes on the internet? — Karly Campbell
I ask Karly a lot of questions about how she’s created her dream career as a food blogger. It wasn’t something she set out to do, in fact, but her passion and persistence delivered to her a dream career she never imagined could happen.
If creating your dream food blog career is a goal, then you’ll love this interview with Karly!
Featured Content – Creating Your Dream Food Blog Career with Karly Campbell
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Karly:
- How Karly’s kids were the inspiration behind starting her blog
- Why Karly finds food photography the best part of food blogging
- Karly talks about some of her favorite processes for sharing her posts via social media, including Pinterest
- How Karly has established relationships with brands that have grown into partnerships over time
- Karly’s advice for people wanting to make food blogging their dream career
- Karly and I talk about pinning strategies for food bloggers
- Karly talks about using link parties as a way to build engagement on her blog.
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Karly Campbell, on her sites Buns in My Oven.
- Karly mentions using SEMRush to research keywords and gain a better understanding of her position on search terms.
- Karly describes how she uses ViralTag to schedule her pins.
- Karly mentions using Wanderlust to help her stay on task, but they are no longer in business so here’s another organization site, Asana.
- Karly uses InLinkz to set up her Wednesday Link Parties.
- Why not give Karly a shout-out on Twitter or Instagram and say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Tickets for the 2015 Chopped Conference are available. You can also attend a Food Photography Workshop with Matt Armendariz or participate in the dynamic Food Blog Success Summit. Take your food blog to the next level…learn more and buy your tickets today!
- Our next podcast interview is with Davida Kuglemass of the blog The Healthy Maven. David and I talk about how food bloggers can use SnapChat as part of their social media marketing. That’s because Davida has built a following on SnapChat and has even attracted the attention of a brand or two. Impressive. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!
5 Responses to Ep #18: Creating Your Dream Food Blog Career with Karly Campbell