Well, here we are celebrating Friday yet again. And guess what? Cara and Marly are celebrating Friday with another FriChats episode. It’s Friday so we chat. That’s FriChats in a nutshell. today, we’re discussing Growing Confidence. Because confidence is a requirement for anyone involved in creative work. Are you into soulful creative discussions? Then check out my talk with Ali Ebright on the Creative Food Blogger. Or you might enjoy another FriChats on the Meaning of Success.
On this week’s FriChats episode, Marly and Cara (with a little help from Jax) are talking about Growing Confidence.
Did you know confidence is a requirement for creativity? I mean, we all have this image of the moody artist, but it takes a little confidence to put pen to a page or brush to the page or whatever tool of artistry you use.
What are some ways for growing confidence? Marly talks about the meaning of the word, which roughly translates into having faith in yourself. That’s right. Being confident doesn’t have to mean being a pompous know-it-all. Can simply be having faith in yourself.
Wow. That’s a great concept!
And then they talk about ways you can use confidence in your creative business, such as finding ways to have fun in your work!
Cara mentions that lovely quote from Marianne Williamson (see below), that we’re not afraid of the worst of ourselves, but rather, the best ourselves. That’s roughly paraphrased, but you get the point. If we can muster faith in ourselves and believe in our work? Watch out world!
Be sure to check back with us on future Fridays to get your FriChat on!
Our hope is to help you be your best and that today’s chat on growing confidence is a part of the important work you’re doing!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Growing Confidence
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post on growing confidence:
- Marly talks about how she gets in touch with past versions of herself
- We talk about growing confidence in different ways
- Cara shares a story from her past
- Marly talks more about her plans for her site
- We talk about the pressures we feel as food bloggers to do what everyone else is doing simply because they are doing it. Take video for example. Do it because you love it, not because it’s what we’re supposed to do
- We talk about FOMO (fear of missing out)
- Doing what you love or finding ways to do things so you love them is an important step for creative entrepreneurs
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Marly talks about the book The Confidence Code by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
More from Cara
Want to suggest a topic for our next episode? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!