Listen or Subscribe
Do you know the one thing I miss from working in an office with people? Staff meetings. Seriously. And I really missed the motivational talks — discussing ways we can all be our best. That’s why today I’m talking about FISH for Food Bloggers. Read on, people!
If you’re like me, there’s at least a small part of you that misses the motivational side of working in an office with other people. I like collaboration. Strike that. I love collaboration. But I also love building my own business. Are you with me?
So, we’re introducing Staff Meetings on the Chopped Podcast. I’m going to introduce business books that I’ve worked with or that I’ve read – to add a little dose of inspiration and motivation to our work as food bloggers. That’s what this FISH for Food Bloggers is all about today.
The Fish book (see link below), makes four main points:
- Choose Your Attitude. You’re choosing to be a blogger. Why not choose your attitude while you’re at it! I certainly need a reminder of this from time-to-time. It’s easy to feel discouraged, but choosing your attitude about the work you’re doing can make such a huge difference!
- Have fun! If you’re going to be doing this work, why can’t it also be fun? I get so serious sometimes – trying to understand SEO, social media sharing and more. And somehow, I forget to have fun. I’m introducing more ways to have in my every day now.
- Make their Day! What can you do to make your reader’s day? Is it responding personally to an email? Is it providing give-aways on your site? Whatever it is, find ways to make their day!
- Be present. I’ve started turning off my email during certain hours of the day to eliminate distractions. I’m calling this “office hours,” and I’m loving it.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips on FISH for Food Bloggers is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FISH for Food Bloggers
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- Marly talks about how she learned about the book FISH
- Listen in for stories on how you can apply FISH tactics to the work you’re doing
- How can we, as food bloggers, choose our attitude?
- Print out the graphic above and put it next to your desk as a reminder. Stay positive!
- What are some ways you can have fun as a food blogger?
- Marly shares examples of “making their day” for food bloggers
- Do you love your work? Listen to the quote from Jerry Seinfeld for an additional dose of inspiration
This episode on my Top 10 Takeaways from ChoppedCon16 includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Related Episode: Emma Chapman talks about Building a Multi-Topic Blog
- Check out the book Fish for yourself
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!