Listen or Subscribe
Today is the FriChats. It’s mini episodes of the Chopped Podcast, where Marly and Cara Ansis do some Friday Chats, jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: Editorial Planning. Read and listen on for some heartfelt discussion success for food bloggers! If you’re loving FriChats, listen in as Cara and discuss What is Success and another favorite, Branding Vs. Authenticity.
This week Cara and I are giving tips on Dealing with Editorial Planning!
What are your metrics for success? Is it page views? The number of followers on Instagram?
If you meet those numbers, will you be happy? It’s easy to imagine that is the case, but that kind of situation is an external validation. What if you are the definition of success just as you are?
Stop your limiting thoughts and find your own drummer to dance to. That’s the theme of today’s FriChats discussion.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:It's ok to have a plan, work the plan, but I don't have to do all of the plan today. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet The beauty of having a calendar is having an idea of where you're going. #frichats Click To Tweet When you have a plan, Resistance has less power in you. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet A plan gets me so excited about what's coming up. #choppedcon #frichats Click To Tweet As bloggers, we are artists. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet There's a fine line between doing what's trendy vs. doing things because you genuinely love it. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet Eat what brings you joy, buy the things that give you joy, wear the things that give you joy, and create content that gives you joy. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet I base what I do based on the lower hanging fruit. #frichats Click To Tweet Sometimes what's inspiring in the moment that you're planning is not always inspiring in the moment that you're doing. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on Dealing with the Summer Lull in Traffic is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Editorial Planning
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- We talk about Cara’s editorial planning process
- We talk about the fun side of planning your content
- We talk about national food days and how to incorporate those into your plan
- Cara explains that the different steps for planning the content vs. creating the content
- We talk about the importance of creating a plan that inspires you
- We also talk about understanding why Resistance to your plan can happen
- Cara explains the tool she uses to help her plan the SEO of her posts
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Seeds and Switches
- Related Post: FriChats: What is Success
- Marly mentions the podcast, On Being where Krista talks with Pauline Boss about the Myth of Closure.
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!