Listen or Subscribe
Today is the FriChats. It’s mini episodes of the Chopped Podcast, where Marly and Cara Ansis do some Friday Chats, jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: How to Handle Resistance. Read and listen on for some heartfelt discussion success for food bloggers! If you’re into topics on creativity, read Marly’s Hierarchy of Creativity. Or you should listen to Cara talking about Finding Your Authentic Voice!
This week Cara and I are giving tips on How to Handle Resistance!
What is Resistance? It’s anything that stands between you and your goals. For Cara that might mean solitaire. For Marly that might mean a cat video…or two.
What is your typical go-to form of resistance, aka procrastination?
Look, sometimes resistance has its place. Sometimes our soul resists today’s standards of being 100% productive all of the time. It’s not healthy. As creatives, we have to be careful to nature our souls in addition to feeling the hustle.
Here’s our advice. Next time you need to get your hustle on, Do The Hustle instead. It will get your body moving and help you tap into joy. And joy is closely related to gratitude and guess what happens when you tap into gratitude? Your ego steps aside and that’s when you can get the real work that matters anyway.
So, remember this: Joy first, work second.
We share some other tips related to Resistance, so be sure to listen to the entire episode.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:It's best for everyone to slow down a little bit. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet There is no secret, so you might as well have a little fun while you're at it. #frichats Click To Tweet If you can do the work, but also separate it and have our lives and our hobbies and the things that we love and our families then we become more fulfilled people. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet If we can check in with ourselves on a daily basis we can be more honest with our resistance. #choppedcon #frichats Click To Tweet As bloggers, we are artists. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet We're wives, we're mothers, we're running households...we are more than just bloggers #frichats Click To Tweet I can separate my work from my life, and there's a lot of freedom when we're able to do that. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on Dealing with the Summer Lull in Traffic is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: How to Handle Resistance
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- We talk about the definition of Resistance
- We talk about how Resistance shows up in a blogger’s life
- We talk about how to identify the kind of Resistance you’re experiencing
- Sometimes Resistance has a role, and you need to know whether it’s your Ego or your Intuition at work
- Cara talks about Steven Pressfield’s latest book (see link below)
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Seeds and Switches
- Related Post: FriChats: What is Success
- Marly mentions the podcast, On Being where Krista talks with Pauline Boss about the Myth of Closure.
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
- Cara talks about Steven Pressfield’s latest book, Nobody Wants to Read Your Shit: Why that is and what you can do about it.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!