Listen or Subscribe
Today on FriChats, we are talking about Intuition vs. Planning. First, FriChats are mini episodes of the Chopped Podcast, where Marly and Cara Ansis do “Friday Chats.” Cara shares an awesome description in the quotes below! If you’re loving our FriChats, you should check out our previous episode on The Secret of Success and Branding vs. Authenticity.
This week Cara and Marly are giving tips on the Intuition vs. Planning.
Marly shares about how she’s heard and read a LOT about Intuition lately, so much so that she’s let her intuitive side run the show.
Cara and Marly take a deep dive into the issue of Intuition and how it can play a role in the creative side of blogging but how Planning can be vital as well.
How can we allow our Intuition and Planning to play side-by-side? Cara and Marly suggest using your Intuition to dream the big picture and then using your ego or essential self, to create the plan.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s the Intuition vs. Planning episode!Frichats is all things food blogger related with a twist of soul and love. #frichats Click To Tweet Food bloggers are artists. We have artistic souls. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet I can't run a business based solely off of my emotions. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet You can be both intuitive and a planner and they're not naught words and they don't cancel each other out. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet Use your Intuition to help draw the big picture; use your Ego to help create the plan to make it happen. #frichats Click To Tweet I retrained my brain to think that beautiful is not only in the other camp; it can be in my camp too. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet When I'm the most unhappy I'm most disconnected from my WHY. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet When you're disconnected from your WHY you're less authentic. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet Confidence is something we can all cultivate in our own lives. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on the Beautiful Blogger Myth is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Intuition vs. Planning
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- Marly introduces today’s topic about the Intuition vs. Planning
- We talk about the definition between intuition and planning
- Marly discusses a book by Martha Beck and how she describes the ego as our Social Selves and Intuition as our Essential Selves
- We talk about the concept food bloggers as artists
- Cara talks about the suffering artist mindset
- We discuss how we can effectively use the ego/social self to help manage the expectations of the intuition/essential self
- Can you embrace your dark side? Marly and Cara discuss this notion
- Cara shares the three questions that guide the work she does on her blog
- Finally, we wrap all this up into a nice little bow by discussion how to use this for food bloggers
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Why You Should Quit Blogging
- Related Post: FriChats: Blogging is Not a Popularity Contest
- Learn about these books mentioned on today’s episode: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert, The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford, and Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
Want to suggest a topic for our next episode? Send an email to Marly.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!