Listen or Subscribe
It’s time for the Chopped Podcast FriChats! These Friday Chats feature Marly and Cara Ansis jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: Self-Care for Blogging Entrepreneurs!
Today is the second episode of FriChats and we’re already getting great feedback! Last week we talked about the Zen of Having Someone in Your Corner (see link below). This week we’re talking about Self Care for Blogging Entrepreneurs. As you can see, FriChats are all about discussions on specific topics related to being an online creative.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about FriChats.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:You should always be taking time for yourself first. #choppedpodcast #frichats Click To Tweet You can't be taking care of others if you're running on empty. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet Part of self-care is telling people 'no' because you have to come first. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet There isn't a rule of success to life. I get to make that up. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet If I don't hit 50,000 followers on IG, that's OK, That's not what makes me happy. Click To Tweet The only way to be authentic is you have to know who you are on the inside Click To Tweet Being a blogger is what we do, it is not who we are. #choppedcon Click To Tweet We want life to be perfect before we meditate, but we meditate to make ordinary life what we want it to be. #choppedcon Click To Tweet If you don't learn to disappoint others, you will eventually disappoint yourself. #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips on Self-Care for Blogging Entrepreneurs is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Self-Care for Blogging Entrepreneurs
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- We talk about meditation
- We talk about finding ways to be gentle on ourselves
- Cara talks about not being judgmental
- We talk about why we shouldn’t “should” all over ourselves
- We talk about Cara’s favorite game…asking and then what?
- What if we quit worrying about whether our posts in Instagram get 500 likes and instead focused on posting what WE like or even LOVE!
- We talk about last week’s FriChat where we discuss having the most important person in your corner…YOU
- We talk about authenticity and how this makes you happy as an entrepreneur
- Cara talks about how she learned to accept and love herself
- We talk about the competitive environment in the blogging community
- Cara tells the story Tigers Above, Tigers Below
- We talk about how we want our lives
- We also talk about how important it is to find your happy place!
- Join our #bloggermetime movement and share pictures of yourself finding time for self-care. Go check out this hashtag to find ideas for yourself
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Having Someone In Your Corner
- Marly talks about her favorite meditation apps: Headspace, Breathe, and 10% Happier
- Marly also mentions Deepak Chopra meditations. She also likes Deepak Chopra’s The Secret of Healing Meditation, specifically Sutras One. Listen to it, and you’ll see why she loves it.
- Marly mentions the book The Art of Extreme Self Care by Cheryl Richardson
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
- Here’s Cara again on the Chopped Podcast. This time she’s spreading her word wisdom talking about Finding Authenticity as a Blogger.
- Cara talks about one of her favorite authors Pema Chodron
- This is a link to Pema Chodron’s story Tigers Below, Tigers Above. PLEASE click on this link and read this story. Finding delight in the moment is so true!
- Cara uses Insight Timer for her meditations
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!