Listen or Subscribe
Today is the Chopped Podcast FriChats! These Friday Chats feature Marly and Cara Ansis jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: Dealing with the Summer Lull in Traffic. Read and listen on for some heartfelt discussion success for food bloggers!
This week Cara and I are giving tips on Dealing with the Summer Lull in Traffic!
What are your metrics for success? Is it page views? The number of followers on Instagram?
If you meet those numbers, will you be happy? It’s easy to imagine that is the case, but that kind of situation is an external validation. What if you are the definition of success just as you are?
Stop your limiting thoughts and find your own drummer to dance to. That’s the theme of today’s FriChats discussion.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:It's best for everyone to slow down a little bit. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet Anything that robs my joy, I have to set it aside and focus on the things that make me happy. #frichats Click To Tweet You're not the only one suffering from the summer lull of traffic. We all are. And when you realize you're not alone it takes the pressure off. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet Are you transforming into more of who you really are? #choppedcon #frichats Click To Tweet If you get down about your traffic, hide it from yourself. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet Summertime is pretty slow so use that as a time as a catapult to do new and different things! #frichats Click To Tweet When I'm in that happy mindset, that's when my creativity really comes out. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on Dealing with the Summer Lull in Traffic is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Dealing with the Summer Lull in Traffic
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- We talk about the typical lull in summer traffic
- We share why misery loves company
- You don’t have to take this lull personally
- We encourage you to look at the summer months as an opportunity to slow down a little and refill the well!
- We talk about the 3 “Re’s” of Dealing with the Summer Lull: Rewind, Renew, and Repost
- Cara talks about how she uses this summer lull to help prepare for her favorite season of the year, Halloween!
- Cara and Marly agree that they’ve reduced the number of notifications they receive about email, and traffic so they don’t obsess over it
- We talk about how to manage our time around distractions like Facebook or social media
- Cara talks about social media and the problems of comparison
- Cara talks about how she enjoys the planning of her posts via her editorial calendar
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Seeds and Switches
- Related Post: Traci York talks about Finding Work Life Balance
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!