Listen or Subscribe
Today is the Chopped Podcast FriChats! These Friday Chats feature Marly and Cara Ansis jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: What is Success. Read and listen on for some heartfelt discussion success for food bloggers!
This week Cara and I are asking the question, What is Success?
What are your metrics for success? Is it page views? The number of followers on Instagram?
If you meet those numbers, will you be happy? It’s easy to imagine that is the case, but that kind of situation is an external validation. What if you are the definition of success just as you are?
Stop your limiting thoughts and find your own drummer to dance to. That’s the theme of today’s FriChats discussion.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Oh, and here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:Switch from a goal-focused type of thinking to a vision-focused process. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet The more I can connect with my Internal Me (IM), the more, the more...I feel like I have a vision for my work. #frichats Click To Tweet When you look at the people you admire the most, they're usually the people dancing to their own drums. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet Are you transforming into more of who you really are? #choppedcon #frichats Click To Tweet My happiness isn't based off of pleasing others. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet There isn't a magic pill that you can reach...in order to be successful! #frichats Click To Tweet When I'm in that happy mindset, that's when my creativity really comes out. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on What is Success is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: What is Success
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- Marly talks about her evolution in her definition of success
- Cara shares about her vision statement for her site
- We talk about how some metrics like the number of page views, can be an external validation, when what we really need is to develop an inner vision and move toward that
- We talk about exchanging a goal-focused mindset for a vision-focused mindset
- We talk about how external validation, such as getting your photos rejected by Food Gawker, can not be reflective of who we really are
- Cara talks about the importance of being proud of your work, and releasing attachments to positive or negative responses to it
- Marly talks about meditation and how it has helped her to better understand her vision for her work
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Having Someone In Your Corner
- Related Post: FriChats: Tennis and Blogging
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
- Here’s Cara again on the Chopped Podcast. This time she’s spreading her word wisdom talking about Finding Authenticity as a Blogger.
- Cara talks about the book Infinite Possibilities
- Cara loves shopping at Anthropologie
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!