Listen or Subscribe
We hear it all the time — the blogging world is saturated. It’s harder and harder to be successful as a blogger, let alone a food blogger. If you’re thinking that too, then you’ll be inspired to listen to today’s interview on How to Be a Successful First Year Blogger with Mariah Mercurio. You’ll be surprised with the results Mariah achieved in her first year as a food blogger!
My biggest goal was to create a schedule and a process for myself. — Mariah Mercurio #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet If you're wondering if you can monetize with low page views, you can. You do not have to have a million page views to make money. — Mariah Mercurio #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet
I completely was able to replace the money I was making from working full-time from the blog. Just know it takes time and you have to continue to put the work in and it will happen. — Mariah Mercurio
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips on how to be a successful first year blogger withe Mariah Mercurio is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – How to be a Successful First Year Blogger with Mariah Mercurio
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Mariah, where we discuss:
- Learn about why Mariah started her food blog
- Mariah had support from her husband to get started as a blogger
- How Mariah developed her food photography skills
- Mariah talks about how creating a schedule was very important for her success
- Mariah had big goals for her blog, and she talks about how she achieved those
- Why Mariah has decided to start over as a blogger
- What Mariah’s goals are with the new blog she’s starting
- Mariah talks about her favorite Pinterest strategies
- Mariah also talks about her overall social media sharing strategies
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Mariah Mercurio with her site, Mariah’s Pleasing Plates
- Why not give Mariah a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Mariah talks about the blog Chelsea’s Messy Apron site and her ebook How I made $40K My First Year of Blogging
- Mariah recommends the book Ask by Ryan Levesque to find your product market
- We talk about the Smart Passive Income podcast
- We talk about indoor lighting and I shared my favorite and cheap indoor lamp that Shawn and I bought at Costco, it’s the Snap-On LED Worklight and the Lowel EGO Digital Lighting Kit
- We talk about some networks that you can join that can help you pitch your blog to brands. We talk about Collective Bias, Clever Girls Collective,
- Related Episode: Check out Episode featuring Karly Campbell talking about Creating Your Dream Food Blog Career
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!