Listen or Subscribe
Developing your networking skills is critical for being a successful blogger. It’s not only important to be able to network with other bloggers, but also with brands. That’s why I’m talking today with Susan Palmer about improving your networking skills to work with brands. You’ll love the tips she shares and her genuine enthusiasm for being a professional food blogger!
Be Authentic. Be who you are...and then you'll love what you're doing. — Susan Palmer #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet You never know when something's going to hit it off and go viral with your readers. — Susan Palmer #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet
If you're wondering if you can monetize with low page views, you can. You do not have to have a million page views to make money. — Mariah Mercurio #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet
Don’t be afraid to follow-up. I follow up with every sing email that I send. — Susan Palmer
I give myself days off. Because if you’re working all the time you’re going to get burned out. — Susan Palmer
If it’s a brand you really want to work with, you can’t give up. — Susan Palmer
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips on improving your networking skills to work with brands with Susan Palmer is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – Improving Your Networking Skills to Work with Brands
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Susan, where we discuss:
- Learn about why Susan started her food blog
- Learn about the market Susan’s in
- Susan has an online baking shop that helps her network
- Susan talks about how she networks with brands to help her outreach
- Susan shares how she researches the brands she wants to work with
- Susan talks about how she tracks who she’s reaching out to
- Susan talks about her follow-up process for brands she’s reached out to
- Susan talk about her communication process with brands
- We talk about sharing strategies for Pinterest
- We talk about Susan’s editorial planning process
- We talk about authenticity as a blogger
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Susan Palmer with her site, Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Why not give Susan a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Check out Susan’s Online Bake Shop!
- Susan and I talk about Inbox Zero.
- Related Episode: Check out this episode featuring Rachel Gurk talking about Working With Brands
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!