Listen or Subscribe
If you haven’t already noticed, Instagram is a favorite social media platform for so many food bloggers. But if you don’t already have a bazillion followers, how can you grow your reach? Today’s guest, Jenn Herman, is a social media expert and she’s here today talking about How to Grow Your Instagram Audience.
Today’s guest, Jenn Hermann, is a social media and Instagram expert and she’s got some wonderful words of wisdom for us all on how to grow your Instagram audience. Understanding each social media platform and how you can use it, can help grow your confidence. To me, convince is an important part of the secret sauce of developing an authentic voice. And according Jenn, being authentic on Instagram will help grow your engagement. Once you’ve tapped into an engaged audience at Instagram, you’ll understand it’s true potential to help you grow your audience.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips how to grow your Instagram Audience with Jenn Herman is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!To really stand...you need that high quality content. Click To Tweet More quality, less quantity. — @jenns_trends Click To Tweet Make your Instagram bio fun. @jenns_trends Click To Tweet The traffic you get from Instagram is the best traffic you can get on any social media platform . Click To Tweet I would rather have 10 engaged people like my post...than 300 who only like it because it's a pretty picture. Click To Tweet The more you interact with people and show that love on IG, the more people will share that love back . Click To Tweet
Featured Content – How to Grow Your Instagram Audience
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Jenn, where we discuss:
- Learn about Jenn’s business and why she started it
- Jenn talks about how to use different social media platforms and their own unique purpose
- Jenn talks about the importance of being consistent with how you post on IG
- We talk about Instagram limits
- We talk about the magic number of hashtags to use on your posts
- We also talk about where to put the hashtag, whether in the comment or in the caption
- We talk about how to make your bio stand out
- Do you wonder why Instagram is so important? Jenn talks about why your traffic from Instagram is the best traffic from any social media platform
- We talk about emojis…whether to use them or not!
- We talk about how to grow your Instagram following and how to be more engaged on Instagram
- Jenn talks about the importance of responding to comments on your posts
- How to evaluate your likes – to understand the difference between engaged and empty likes
- Jen also talks about how you should be careful about who you follow
- We talk about regramming and how and why to do that
- She talks about two IG filters you should be using as a food blogger!
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Jenn with her site, the Jenn Trends
- Why not give Jenn a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Jenn talks about using Hootsuite to schedule content for Instagram
- Jenn talks about the Instagram Account Go Pro
- Jenn’s favorite apps are Text Cutie for Android, (and here’s TextCutie for iPhone) and PhotoGrid
- Related Episode: Check out this episode featuring Cara Ansis talking about finding your authenticity on Instagram
- Buy your ticket to the 2016 Chopped Conference and hear Jessica Merchant and Emma Chapman speak in person!
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!