Listen or Subscribe
If you’ve been blogging for awhile, some days it can be hard to maintain your motivation. Today I’m talking with Jessica Merchant of the site How Sweet Eats to talk about that very topic – Maintaining Your Blogging Passion.
Today’s guest is Jessica Merchant of the site How Sweet Eats. She’s here today talking about how to maintain your passion for blogging. We all start our blogs with LOTS of passion. But how do you maintain that over the years? That’s the big, big question!
Jessica is here answering it for you today. Whether you’ve struggled with food blogger burnout yourself or you would love to hear from someone who has maintained her wild passion for her blog over the years, you’re going to love today’s interview with Jessica Merchant.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope these tips on maintaining passion for your food blog with Jessica Merchant is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!I almost write my blog as if it is a daily journal. — @howsweetblog #choppedcon Click To Tweet The landscape of blogging in general is changing. It's changing every year. — @howsweetblog Click To Tweet I gained connection with my readers by being more open and personal. @howsweetblog Click To Tweet
As Jessica explains, “blogging isn’t just sitting behind your computer, making a recipe, and typing one post and boom, you’re done.” There’s a lot that goes into creating each and every post. That’s why it’s so important to find work/life balance. Jessica describes how she’s trying to “relish and enjoy this time and continue to do what I love with the blog and do it genuinely but not let it overtake my life.”
Come hear Jessica Merchant in person at the 2016 Chopped Conference. Buy your tickets today!
Featured Content – Maintaining Your Blog Passion
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Jessica, where we discuss:
- Learn about why Jessica started her food blog
- Jessica talks about how food photography is not her favorite part of blogging
- Jessica talks about how she maintains her passion for blogging over the years
- Jessica thinks that sharing about her personal life helped grow her audience
- Jessica shares how she created different categories of posts to share more than just recipes
- Jessica talks about how she grew her site pre-Pinterest and pre-Instagram
- Jessica shares her tips for starting a food blog today
- Listen to Jessica talk about how social media has influenced her traffic
- We talk specifically about Instagram and how that’s changed over the years
- Jessica talks about her blog production process
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Jessica Merchant with her site, How Sweet Eats
- Why not give Jessica a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Marly talks about the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) conference in Los Angeles. She highly recommends it for a greater sense of professionalism for food blogging.
- Related Episode: Check out this episode featuring Karly Campbell talking about creating your dream food blog career.
- Jessica’s favorite author is Elin Hilderbrand
- Jessica’s favorite app on her phone is Snapseed, which she uses for photo edits for the Crumbs posts on her blog
- Buy your ticket to the 2016 Chopped Conference and hear Jessica speak in person!
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!