Listen or Subscribe
Do you ever feel flabbergasted about your email list? Sure, it’s one thing to build that list, but it’s quite another thing when mastering email outreach. What do you say? How do you say it? Today Bree Hester is on the show sharing her experience. Also, we have resources on how to build your email list and these top email marketing tips.
Today’s guest, Bree Hester of the site, Baked Bree (see link below) and we’re talking about mastering email outreach. Because if you want to stay in touch with your audience and you’re not so fond of social media, communication through the email list may just be the way to do it! ,
It’s the same thing with your blog. You can create amazing content, but unless you promote it correctly, or set up ways that others will want to promote for you, no one will know it’s there. It’s like a tree falling in the woods. If no one’s there to hear it, does it really make a sound?
Look, if you love social media, it can be a great way to get your lovely content out there and seen! But if you find yourself in camp #hatesocialmedia then you need to know there is another way. And that’s what Bree is talking with us about today, how she used her email list and outreach to them as an alternative to social media.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on mastering email outreach is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – Mastering Email Outreach
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Bree, where we discuss:
- Bree describes how she started her blog Baked Bree
- We talk about Bree’s email list and how she developed her voice for reaching out to her audience
- Bree talks about the personal connections she’s made with her audience over the years
- We share about the differences between growing your list and having a meaningful style of communication with them
- Marly compares communication via email and social media
- Bree shares about her lack of enthusiasm for social media and how an email list can be a wonderful alternative
- We talk about how a newsletter can feel like old-school communication, with real, meaningful community
This episode on mastering email outreach includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Bree Hester of Baked Bree
- Give Kathy a big shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Related Episode: Check out this episode featuring The Fast Growing Food Blog with Sabrina Snyder on the Chopped Podcast
- Marly mentioned this video on how a dad asked his family about what they failed at every day.
- Buy your ticket to the 2016 Chopped Conference and hear Jessica Merchant, Ali Ebright, Emma Chapman and more speak!
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!