Listen or Subscribe
Have you ever wondered about The Secret to Working with Brands? That’s what we are talking about on today’s episode of the Chopped Podcast. Come join us!
Today’s guest, Carrian Cheney, of the site the site Oh Sweet Basil, is talking about the Secret to Working with Brands. You know that bloggers are doing it, but how can you get in the game? How can you get a piece of the pie? Carrian explained that those were the questions they were asking early on and that they figured a lot of it on their own. Now they’re hoping to share their information with others to help get the word out — you can work with brands and here’s how.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this interview with Carrian Cheney on the Secret to Working with Brands is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:Bloggers need to be OK with where you're at. @choppedcon Click To Tweet It's not just about making money, instead you should care about the product you're putting out there. #choppedcon Click To Tweet Every blogger needs to go, 'I'm doing really cool things'. #choppedcon Click To Tweet Either you're going to be the person who breathes life into everything or you're going to be holding everyone back. #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Featured Content – The Secret to Working with Brands
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Carrian, where we discuss:
- Carrian describes how she started her food blog Oh Sweet Basil (link below)
- Carrian talks about how she partners with her husband Cade on the blog
- Carrian shares how at first they didn’t know how to work with brands
- Carrian talks about what they decided to focus on to build their work with brands
- We talk about the importance of accepting where you are in your blogging journey
- Carrian talks about the stages of working with brands
- She talks about Partial Rights vs. Full Rights
- We talk about how you can find your value and how you have to constantly be discovering your blogging journey
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Carrian Cheney via Oh Sweet Basil
- Why not give Carrian a shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Related Episode: Check out this episode featuring Kathryne Taylor talking about Taking the Leap to Becoming a Full-Time Food Blogger
- Related Episode: Food Blog Monetizing Strategies with Alexa & Payton Schirm
- Related Episode: Understanding Your Money Hangups with Tiffany Angeles
- Carrian talks about working with TapInfluence
- Buy your ticket to the 2016 Chopped Conference and hear Jessica Merchant, Ali Ebright, Emma Chapman and more speak!
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!