Listen or Subscribe
Today is Friday so that means it’s time for the Chopped Podcast FriChats! These Friday Chats feature Marly and Cara Ansis jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: Seeds and Switches. Read on for this soulful discussion about blogging!
Bring on the FriChats! This week Cara and I are talking about Seeds and Switches. This is a play on the RobCast episode where Rob Bell talks about how sometimes we’re looking for the switch, the easy fix, when in reality we should be more about planting the seeds. It’s a more soulful approach to blogging, but so much more satisfying.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Oh, and here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:You are where you because it's where you need to be. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet There's a reason why things take a little longer; maybe you're not ready for IT at this moment. #frichats Click To Tweet Have the wisdom to have the patience to wait for it. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet It's difficult to be gentle on yourself and have patience. #choppedcon #frichats Click To Tweet You can be patient and still have power. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet You are not a victim, you are responsible for yourself and how you build this! #frichats Click To Tweet You can't see growth and change by hating yourself. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on Seeds and Switches is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Seeds and Switches
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- We talk about technology and how it can complicate our lives
- Marly explains the Seeds and Switches concept – where switches are things we expect immediate results from and seeds take time to grow
- We talk about the concept of seeds in the blogging world
- We talk about the importance of giving yourself grace to make mistakes and to grow
- We talk about your blog as if it’s a garden and how you can look at yourself as planting seeds and feeling in awe of where you are rather than worrying about where you’re going
- Don’t forget to include your photos using the #bloggermetime so we can all see how others are taking time for self-care!
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Having Someone In Your Corner
- Related Post: FriChats: The Art of Self Care
- Marly talks about the RobCast where Rob Bell introduces the topic of Seeds and Switches
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
- Here’s Cara again on the Chopped Podcast. This time she’s spreading her word wisdom talking about Finding Authenticity as a Blogger.
- Cara loves shopping at Anthropologie
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!