Listen or Subscribe
It’s Friday so that means Cara and I are here for another episode of FriChats, the ooey gooey side of food blogging! Today we’re talking about why to Stop Worrying About the How of Blogging and Start Living Your Dreams! Sounds great to me! FriChats are short versions of the Chopped Podcast, where Cara and Marly dish out some “Friday Chats.” If you’re jonesing for some more FriChats, go ahead and scratch that itch with these: Money Vs. Happiness or about Blogging is Not a Popularity Contest!
So Today, Cara and Marly are giving tips on why to Stop Worrying About the How of Blogging and Start Living Your Dreams! Because, you know, you’re in this for the dreams. Right? If you were in it just for the money, well, you
Marly and Cara talk about how we often read income reports of other bloggers and compare our financial situation to theirs. If they’re making $30K a month, how come we’re not? Are we failures?
What if we change the metric? That’s what Cara says. I mean, sure, making money is part of what we’re doing here, but there is a point at which more money doesn’t mean more happiness. So why not go for both?
We discuss a couple of articles — one that points out the salary sweet spot. If you make $75,000 a year, you’re happy, but over that amount, you’re just accumulating stuff. Marly discusses an article that says most lottery winners are miserable within a year (see links below). Here’s an excerpt from this article:
“About 70 percent of people who suddenly receive a windfall of cash will lose it within a few years, according to the National Endowment for Financial Education.” — Melissa Chan of Time Magazine
Cara and Marly talk more about finding your own personal sweet spot between making money and being happy. Cara suggests the two go hand-in-hand.
How can we allow our Intuition and Planning to play side-by-side? Cara and Marly suggest using your Intuition to dream the big picture and then using your ego or essential self, to create the plan.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s the Money vs. Happiness episode!You sell yourself short when you think it only can happen through X, Y, and Z. #frichats Click To Tweet Your job isn't to figure out how it's going to happen. Your job is to dream and keep your mind clear and your heart open to the possibilities that can happen. #frichats Click To Tweet There's so much inside of us we're just sitting on, like a box of gold. #frichats Click To Tweet Spending less time on the how and more time on the inspiration we feel about the work we're doing is a great first step. #frichats Click To Tweet Ep #103: Stop Worrying About the How of Blogging Click To Tweet When you all fear to lead, it's like you're saying you don't trust there's more out there. #frichats Click To Tweet Everybody should stop what they're doing right now and create a mission statement. #frichats Click To Tweet
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion Stop Worrying About the How of Blogging is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Stop Worrying About the How of Blogging
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- We introduce today’s topic about Stop Worrying About the How of Blogging
- Cara talks about the difference between worrying about the How and actually getting things done
- Marly shares the parable of the beggar by the road sitting on a box of gold
- We talk about why the focus on How comes from a place of fear and control
- Car compares blogging to discovering electricity! Cool stuff!
- Why, as always, the answer is…you need to believe in yourself
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: Understanding Your Voice as a Blogger
- Related Post: Creating Work Life Balance in Your Career
- Marly mentions the book The Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
- Cara mentions the show This Is Us
Want to suggest a topic for our next episode? Send an email to Marly.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!