It’s another episode of FriChats everybody! You know what FriChats are, right? It’s where Cara and I talk about the soulful side of food blogging! Today we’re talking about some wise advice: Let’s Be Grateful! If you love this soft side of blogging chatter, listen in on a couple of our other FriChat episodes like Stop Self-Sabotage and Money vs. Happiness.
On today’s episode of FriChats, Marly and Cara are talking about something important: Let’s Be Grateful. Did you know that gratitude is the opposite of ego? That’s right, so the next time you’re feeling fearful or small, just check in with gratitude and see the changes it makes in your day.
Look, even on your worst days you have a lot to be grateful for. Think about it, you have a blog where you can express yourself! Isn’t that pretty amazing when you think about it? If you’re a female, how far back in your lineage do you have to go before you come across a woman who was not allowed to express herself? Your mom? Your grandma? Chances are, you don’t have to go back too far. But you, my dear friend, you can express yourself. Feel the joy for yourself and for your mother’s past as well!
Today Marly and Cara share about gratitude. I mean, we can do this. Right? Let’s be grateful and proud of it!
Marly talks about tennis lessons (everything’s about tennis to her! Sheesh!) and how Adee’s coach told her to find a win in everything. Those words don’t apply on when you are actually winning. Finding a win in everything means finding something to be grateful about in everything you do.
For example, do you like your photographs a little better than you did last year? That’s a win!
Have you connected with your audience in a way that you’re proud of? That’s a win!
Are you feeling more confident in yourself and the work you’re doing? You said it…that’s a win!
There are so many things to be grateful for in your food blogging journey, so let’s get busy!
Be sure to check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s Let’s Be Grateful episode!How can you find a way to win in everything you do? #frichats Click To Tweet I have chosen a path of gratitude in my pregnancy. I work every day at this glow. #frichats Click To Tweet I believe using the words 'I want' is a form of resistance because you are denying what is.… Click To Tweet Fear is about resisting what is and gratitude is about loving and accepting what is. #frichats Click To Tweet Gratitude is a gateway emotion to a happy life. #frichats Click To Tweet Gratitude is the opposite of fear. #frichats Click To Tweet
You know, our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. Therefore, we hope this discussion on Let’s Be Grateful is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Let’s Be Grateful
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post on how Let’s Be Grateful:
- We introduce today’s topic about how to how to be grateful
- Cara talks about a personal experience where she would have typically blown up, but was able to hold it together, it was a thing to be grateful
- We talk about negativity
- Cara shares about choosing the path of gratitude
- Marly shares her thoughts on I want vs. I am
- We discuss about the importance of acceptance and gratitude in our lives
- Cara compares gratitude for the current situation to our dating experiences
- We talk about gratitude as a gateway emotion
- Marly mentions her gratitude journal
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: How to Handle Resistance
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Cara mentions the spirituality author Anthony de Mello
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
Want to suggest a topic for our next episode? Send an email to Marly.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Finally, thanks so much for listening to today’s show. You know, we hope you find every episode informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. And here, while you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!