Listen or Subscribe
Sometimes on Fridays you’ll find Cara and Marly chatting about what goes on behind the scenes for these two passionate food bloggers. They like to call these episodes FriChats. Today’s Topic: Create Content You Love. You know, there’s a lot of voices in the wilderness telling us to do it this way or that, but we’re here to remind you there’s another important voice to listen to, your own. Hey, how about joining some of our other FriChats discussions, such as Stop Worrying about the HOW of Blogging or Courageous Creativity.
So, today is yet another Friday. We’re still here so we thought why not do another episode of FriChats It’s been awhile. Right? But we’re back. Cara took some time off to enjoy her new baby boy, Jax. You’ll hear a little bit of his little voice in the background.
Today we’re talking about how to Create Content You Love. Because, come on! We ALL feel the pressure to be creating lots and lots of content, whether it’s for our site, for social media, our emails or whatever. It can easily take over your life!
And Cara and Marly are all about having a life. Because blogging can take over every last second if you let it.
We talk today about how important it is to do the following:
- Experiment with your content so you know what you love. This may take awhile, or things might change, so give yourself some grace as you figure it out
- Don’t feel the pressure to create content just like others
- Be courageous in your individuality
- Give yourself that same freedom when it comes to social media as well
- Understand that it’s ok to keep some things about yourself private. We all need a room to ourselves, paraphrasing Virginia Woolfe
- You may need to unfollow the folks that cause you to feel small; maybe because you’re not keeping up with them or because their model of content is different than your own
- In line with #6, do the things and follow the folks that spark inspiration and happiness for you
- Understand that sometimes following your passion can also mean sharing content your audience loves too
Being a creative entrepreneur is a voyage of self discovery. Use this opportunity before you explore yours. Marly suggests journaling. She writes in her journal most every morning. You can also mediate, do yoga, go for walks, etc. There are lots of ways to better understand yourself, find what works for you.
The trick is finding the balance in it all and the courage to keep at it every day.
Be sure to check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
You know, our goal at Chopped Academy is to help you be your best. Therefore, we hope this discussion on how to Create Content You Love is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Create Content You Love
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post on ways to create content you love:
- Cara talks about the time she needed after the birth of her son
- We discuss how important it is to listen to ourselves and take breaks
- Cara shares why it’s important to create content you love
- Marly says if you don’t love your content, how can you expect your audience to
- Cara describes some of the ways we’re expected to create content, such as our blogs, our social media sites, and more
- Marly talks about her favorite ways to know yourself in order to know what content you love
- Cara reminds us of the importance of experimenting with content until you find what works for you
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: How to Grow Your Life By Design with Ayse Birsel
- Marly talks about Maria Popova of Brain Pickings
- We discuss the book Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
Want to suggest a topic for our next episode? Send an email to Marly.
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!
4 Responses to Ep #132: FriChats – Create Content You Love