Listen or Subscribe
If you’ve ever thought about starting a food blog and then thought about taking the leap to make that food blog your career, well you know, it can become overwhelming. Bjork and Lindsay Ostrom of the incredibly successful site Pinch of Yum have a suggestion for people dealing with the burden of trying to do it all. Just stop! In fact, Bjork challenges food bloggers to just focus on one thing and to improve it by 1% every day. That’s why he calls this his One Percent Infinity Improvement Plan. Wanna learn more? Read on!
Today is such a great day because I get to share with you my conversation with Lindsay and Bjork Ostrom. You may know Lindsay best for her staring role on the crazy popular site Pinch of Yum. And you might be familiar with Bjork for his staring role on the site and membership network Food Blogger Pro. Today they’re making a cameo appearances on The Chopped Podcast. Can you tell it’s Oscar’s week? And the award goes to…
One thing I really love about Bjork and Lindsay is their passion for delivering quality content in a fun, playful manner. I think you’ll see that come through in their interview. Especially when we start talking about cat videos. Yes. Cat videos!
Featured Content – One Percent Infinity with Lindsay and Bjork Ostrom
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Lindsay & Bjork:
- How they came up with the name for their über popular site.
- How their blog has two markets, and they’re ok with that.
- How Lindsay’s love of cooking began as a hobby.
- The beginning of their monthly income statistics posts and how that led to the development of Food Blogger Pro.
- One of the most important metrics for the average user of Food Blogger Pro, and guess what? It’s not monetizing their blog! (not that it couldn’t be, it’s just there’s something of greater even greater value)
- How food bloggers live with the the food narrator voice living in their head!
- Bjork’s obsession with Inbox Zero.
- A “Day in the Life” at the Pinch of Yum/Food Blogger Pro headquarters.
- Bjork’s favorite productivity tools.
- Lindsay’s favorite day/week planners.
- Bjork’s favorite term, the One Percent Infinity Improvement Plan!
- The one concept that, once mastered, can free you up to eventually become the best you can be!
- How having high expectations can put too much pressure on our creative selves.
- Lindsay’s favorite part about food blogging. Is it the food? The writing? The photography?
- The story behind Bjork’s name! You may have to listen to the podcast just to hear this part!
- The cat video Bjork wants everyone to watch (see link below)
This episode includes references to several resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guests, Lindsay & Bjork Ostrom on their sites, Pinch of Yum and Food Blogger Pro.
- Lindsay mentioned this post on maintaining creativity by Shauna Nyquest on Stocking the Pond.
- Bjork discussed the productivity guide Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Lindsay talks about her favorite planners including The Day Designer by Whitney English and her most recent favorite The Passion Planner.
- The best cat video on YouTube, the Cat Sail Video. It’s quick. You’ll make Bjork happy…just watch it!
- Check out Lindsay’s favorite music by none other than singer/songwriter…. Bjork Ostrom!
- Bjork’s favorite music Bon Iver (watch out…this site can make you dizzy!).
- Why not give Lindsay and Bjork a shout-out on Twitter or Instagram and say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview.
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Check out last week’s episode on Being the CEO of Your Food Blog with Tessa Arias. You’ll love it!
- The next episode of Chopped Podcast will feature an interview with Bev Weidner of Bev Cooks. Bev and I talk about her awesome Instagram account, and the twins (of course!!), and about how to find your authentic voice in your writing. Subscribe to the podcast to be sure you don’t miss it!