Listen or Subscribe
Sometimes as a food blogger it’s good to know about the tools that are available to help you be your best. CoSchedule is a tool used by a lot of food bloggers so we’re providing a little more information on how you can use it as well. Our guest today is Nicole Johnson with the site Or Whatever You Do and today we’re talking about Using CoSchedule for Food Bloggers.
Today’s episode is a little more practical because we’re talking about the software CoSchedule. If you haven’t heard of CoSchedule before, imagine a WordPress plugin that combines an editorial planning calendar, with a communication/project management tracking, with a social media scheduling tool. It’s all right there. And now Nicole informs me they offer a standalone calendar so having WordPress is not required.
I’ve spent a lot of time trying to develop my own home-grown editorial calendar and nothing has worked exactly like I wanted it to. So I was pleased to find CoSchedule and have been using it since early this year. I’ve noticed a lot of other food bloggers are using it too, so that’s why Nicole is on the show today talking about tips about how to use it best.
But whether you use CoSchedule or not, you’ll get some great advice from today’s episode. For example, Nicole talks about the importance of creating consistency in your blog marketing plan.
I think having a plan and sticking to it is so important when you’re in the long haul of blogging. — Nicole Johnson
Finding a process to consistently market your content, connecting with other food bloggers, and create high-quality content is the key to success for food bloggers. Listen in as Nicole provides some great tips for finding success with all three of these.
Featured Content – Using CoSchedule for Food Bloggers with Nicole Johnson
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Nicole:
- Why Nicole started her blog Or Whatever You Do and how Nicole became a Customer Success Agent with CoSchedule
- Nicole talks about her process for creating a scheduled post with CoSchedule
- Nicole talks about the editorial calendar features of CoSchedule
- Nicole talks about one of the benefits of CoSchedule – that you’re blog posts and social media sharing are all on one place.
- Nicole talks about how she uses notes and tasks features of CoSchedule
- Nicole describes how CoSchedule has communication tools for teams, but that she also uses those for her individual work on blog posts.
- We talk about the social media sharing capabilities of CoSchedule and how you can scheduled shared content right from WordPress.
- Nicole shares some best practices she’s seen from people using CoSchedule, such as collaborate teamwork on content marketing.
- Nicole also uses CoSchedule to create tasks that helps her stay on track with sharing recipes to FoodGawker, TasteSpotting and even some of her FaceBook recipe sharing groups as well.
- We talk about how you can use CoSchedule to create a Drip Campaign for both new and old content on your site
- Nicole describes the analytics that CoSchedule provides for your posts, both old and new
- The importance of crafting unique messages for your social media shares to avoiding spamming practices
This episode includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Nicole Johnson on her site Or Whatever You Do
- Learn more about CoSchedule to see if it meets your food blogging needs.
- Nicole uses Canva and Fotor for creating graphics on her site
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman.
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- Tickets for the 2015 Chopped Conference are available. You can also attend a Food Photography Workshop with Matt Armendariz or participate in the dynamic Food Blog Success Summit. Take your food blog to the next level…learn more and buy your tickets today!
- Our next podcast interview is with Denise Woodward and Lenny Ferriara of the blog Chez Us. Denise and Lenny will be talking about steps to successful video blogging for your food blog. If you want to include more video, Denise and Lenny have a lot of great advice to share with you. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss it!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!