Listen or Subscribe
Today is the FriChats. It’s mini episodes of the Chopped Podcast, where Marly and Cara Ansis do some Friday Chats, jamming on topics of interest to people like you, food bloggers, creative entrepreneurs, and more! This week’s topic: Why you should QUIT Blogging!
This week Cara and I are giving tips on Why you should QUIT Blogging!
Most jobs give you a break in the day. You wrap things up, pack your bags, head for the car, endure the commute home, fix dinner, and spend the evening with your family. And then there are the weekends. Oh, glorious weekends.
Sometimes as food bloggers we are on the clock 24/7! OK. Not literally, but almost. Do you ever catch yourself writing posts in the back of your mind? Ticking off how to prepare a recipe while you’re fixing it? Figuring out how you’d shoot said dish? Feeling guilty you’re not taking an IG shot of all the food!
It becomes taxing. And after awhile that taxing becomes toxic. You need a break! In fact, the best way to actualize your creativity is to make sure you’re taking breaks. Marly handled this by quitting blogging. Stopped thinking about blogging. Then she stopped planning for future posts.
She. Stopped. It. All.
On Saturday it was difficult; she had to keep reminding herself to stop the internal blogger in her head. But come Sunday? She felt the glorious feeling of nothing to do. It was amazing!
Does Marly return to blogging? Listen in for the rest of the story.
Why you should quit blogging…that’s the theme of today’s FriChats discussion.
Check back with us each Friday to get your FriChat on!
In case you’re curious, here’s how we feel about Fridays.
Here are some of our favorite quotes from today’s episode:There's something to this notion of taking a break from pushing so hard, and letting things come to you by exploring creativity. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet When I feel inspired I want to go for it. #frichats Click To Tweet Holding off on inspiration makes you even more inspired. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet As bloggers, we are artists. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet Anticipating a thing is almost as fun as the thing itself. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet You have to take care of that spiritual side and fill yourself up. #frichats #choppedpodcast Click To Tweet We are not just a food blogger. It's what we do, but it doesn't fulfill who we are as human beings. #frichats Click To Tweet Weekends are for fun, or boredom, I don't care, it's just not for work. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet Our job is not to figure out the how. Our job is to show up. #frichats #choppedcon Click To Tweet
The goal here at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on Why you should QUIT Blogging is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – FriChats: Why you should QUIT Blogging
Here are some of the highlights of today’s post:
- Marly shares about why she quit blogging recently
- We talk about the importance of giving yourself a break
- Marly talks about how quitting reawakened creativity
- Cara talks about her artwork
More from Marly & Chopped
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Related Post: FriChats: Seeds and Switches
- Related Post: FriChats: What is Success
- Marly mentions the podcast, On Being where Krista talks with Pauline Boss about the Myth of Closure.
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
More from Cara
- Connect with Cara Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Cara’s site Fork and Beans
- Check out Cara on the Chopped Podcast talking about Finding Your Voice on Instagram
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!