Listen or Subscribe
Have you ever dreamed of transforming a food blog into a career? My latest guest on Chopped Podcast, Kathryne Taylor, had that dream and made it happen. If you’re looking for tips and ideas on how to create a food blog that’s ready for the big-time, follow along as I chat with Kathryne, better known as Kate from Cookie + Kate, as she talks about Becoming a Full-Time Food Blogger.
I’m so pleased to share with you my conversation with Kathryne Taylor of Cookie + Kate. I met Kathryne last year at the Chopped Conference, and was really intrigued when she spoke about taking the leap to full-time food blogger the previous year. Since she just went through this process, I thought she’d be a great person to share tips on making the transition to full-time blogger.
I can only do what I love for a living because people come back to my blog, share my recipe with friends, and tell them about it, I just feel so thankful for them and I want to make my blog as helpful for them as it can be. — Kathryne Taylor of Cookie + Kate
Kathryne talks about how she dedicates her blog to providing great content she knows her readers will love. She also shares her passion for food blogging and some of her favorite tips for productivity, building an engaged community and more.
Featured Content – Taking the Leap to Full-Time Blogger with Kathryne Taylor
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Kathryne:
- How salsa was an impetus for Cookie + Kate. Yes, salsa!
- How Kathryne’s entrepreneurial mom was an influence on her life
- Kathryne’s tips for building an engaged community, including her commitment to being responsive to her readers
- Kathryne’s process for posting recipes
- Kathryne’s genuine enthusiasm for each recipe
- Her focus on quality over quantity of posts
- Kathryne’s Myers-Briggs personality type
- Blogging is about creating your own metrics for success
- Kathryne’s tips for using Google Priority Inbox to sort emails
- Why the perfect waffle is important
- The importance of removing distractions (aka turn off notifications) for productivity
- Kathryne’s recent experience to work remotely and increase creativity
- You should check out Kathryne’s favorite Salted Chipotle Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds in the bulk bins at the Whole Foods in Austin, TX.
This episode includes references to several resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guest, Kathryne Taylor on her site, Cookie + Kate.
- Why not give Kathryne a shout-out on Twitter or Instagram and say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview.
- Check out Kathryne’s favorite app, Evernote.
- Kathryne’s favorite TV Show is The Good Wife.
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
- The next episode of Chopped Podcast will feature an interview with Andrew Levine, Head of Product Development and Business Partners for Stumble Upon and 5by. Andrew and I talk about ways food bloggers can use StumbleUpon to better serve their audience and to grow their following. Subscribe to the podcast to be sure you don’t miss it!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!