A lot of bloggers do most of their work in isolation. We shoot photos. Prepare recipes. We share on social media. But there’s another concept starting to take hold: The Village of Blogging. I’m talking with Trevor and Jennifer Debth about their site, Show Me the Yummy and their latest venture, The Blog Village.
Today’s guest, Jennifer and Trevor Debth of the site, Show Me the Yummy (see link below) and we’re talking about The Village of Blogging. Because it’s so easy to feel isolated as a blogger. I definitely have experienced Isolation Syndrome! You want so much to build your own site and do it your way, but when it comes down to it, finding ways to connect with other bloggers and to even create systems of accountability for yourself, can be so important!
Trevor and Jennifer talk about how they built their popular blog, and how they’re continuing to grow it even further, through creative planning, skill, hard work, and even having some fun along the way. Their blog took a huge leap in traffic from 2015 – 2016 and they talk about some of the things that helped them along the way.
Our goal at ChoppedCon is to help you be your best. We hope this discussion on the village of blogging is helpful to the important work you’re doing every day!
Now, go forth and Be Your Best You!
Featured Content – The Village of Blogging
Here are some of the highlights of my discussion with Trevor and Jennifer, where we discuss:
- Why they started their blog Show Me the Yummy
- We talk about Trevor’s experience as a photographer and how Jennifer learned from Trevor so she could do the photography for the site
- Trevor and Jennifer discuss the things they’ve learned along the way that has helped them grow their blog and allowed Trevor to quit his full-time job
- We talk about “Quality Content” and take some of the mystery out of what that means
- We talk about the importance of quality visual content on your site
- Jennifer talks about her editorial planning process
- We talk about social media and how they use that to grow their audience
This episode on the village of blogging includes references to some resources you might find interesting. Here they are:
- Learn more about today’s guests, Jennifer & Trevor Debth on their sites: Show Me The Yummy and Learn More about The Blog Village
- Give our guests a big shout-out on Twitter and Instagram to say thanks for the Chopped Podcast interview!
- Related Episode: Food Photography tips with Matt Armendariz
- Buy your ticket to the 2016 Chopped Conference and hear Jessica Merchant, Ali Ebright, Emma Chapman and more speak!
- Connect with Chopped Academy Online: Instagram | Twitter
- Connect with Marly: Namely Marly | Instagram | Twitter
- Production, music, graphic art & sound design by Shawn Beelman
- Learn about future Chopped Podcast episodes and get some awesome tips on food blogging by subscribing to the ChoppedCon newsletter. Just add your email in the subscribe section at the bottom of this page. You’ll be glad you did!
Subscribe to the Show & Feedback
Thanks so much for listening to today’s podcast. I hope you found it informative and helpful to the work you do every day. Make sure you don’t miss out on any of the Chopped Podcast episodes by heading on over to iTunes to subscribe to the Chopped Podcast. While you’re there, provide a review and rating is a great way to help other podcast listeners find it too! That’s it for today’s podcast. As always, thanks so much for joining in the discussion!